Applications with hidden windows

Started by
1 comment, last by Dark Star 19 years, 11 months ago
Hi all I was just wondering how I would go about making one of those Windows applications which seem to run in the background with no Visible window. What kinda coding do I need to put or remove from WinMain? Also I want to know how to create an ''invisible'' program that will have an icon in the system try that presents a menu when clicked? Lastly, Can the above be done in Java? If so how? Is it easier or harder? Thanks for any help DarkStar UK ------------------------------- Loves cross-posting because it works
---------------------------------------------You Only Live Once - Don't be afriad to take chances.
Advertisement
1) In WinMain, simply don''t register a class or create a window. If you don''t create a window, then nothing can get displayed. If you want to still receive messages and everything, though, I suppose you can create a class/window like normal, but simply don''t show the window with any function, such as ShowWindow() or SetWindowPos().

2) I personally don''t know. However, if I was curious, I''m pretty confident that I could find stuff with a minimal amount of Googling.

3) Definitely wouldn''t know that.
"We should have a great fewer disputes in the world if words were taken for what they are, the signs of our ideas only, and not for things themselves." - John Locke
Did you try using ShowWindow() with SW_HIDE?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement