Whould people pay for ff3 style of game ?

Started by
22 comments, last by cpp boy 19 years, 10 months ago
Just to let you know, my goal is not to become a multi millionaire, but I was wondering if I really had to make the game free so that people will play it or can I make a little profit for my hard work.

Kevin
Kevin
Advertisement
quote:Original post by cpp boy
Hi ! I''m currently in the process in making a 2d game that is an rpg like the typical 2d ff3 game. I was wondering would people buy a game that has an ff3 style and that has a good story and good playability. And if so how much.

Here are my answers :

1. Yes
2. from 15 to 30 $
3. why : Because those are my favorite type of game and I think they are more amuzing that lots of today games.

Kevin

I would be willing pay for a 2D game if I liked it and thought I wouldn''t grow tried of it quickly. What I''d be willing to pay for it would depend on the game.
Patrick
I would suggest giving the game out for free. Odds are you will not create a game as good as ff3. More people will try your product if it''s free. Why sell a dream of having people play your game for grand? Don''t take offense to this; a lot of things come into play with my assumptions. Don''t let me stop you from doing what you feel is best; after all I have no idea what your able to produce.

James Dee Finical
MMORPG Designer
James Dee FinicalDesigner
1. Highly unlikely
2. $15-20
3. If it''s "like FF3" why not play FF3? FF3 was pretty simple as a game, only a few small(though significant) steps away from the very first console RPGs with more puzzle-like battles and a wider variety of items and characters than 8-bit titles had; the gameplay was good yet not too much different from what came immediately before or afterwards; everything that made it classic was within the story. Making a non-yawn-worthy RPG story is quite a hard thing to do, as is evident from many imitators that are otherwise almost identical to the classics, yet fall apart because the story isn''t up to par. And if you''re trying to make money off of it as a shareware title, you get only a limited space to hook me on it.

That doesn''t mean I''d reject it out of hand, though. If you have something strong, something really *novel* that you feel is begging to be told in an FF3 format, go for it. But let the story dictate the play, not convention. If it needs more realism, add more realism. If it needs more action, add more action. FF3 had play made to suit its story, and so should your game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement