Whould people pay for ff3 style of game ?

Started by
22 comments, last by cpp boy 19 years, 10 months ago
Hi ! I''m currently in the process in making a 2d game that is an rpg like the typical 2d ff3 game. I was wondering would people buy a game that has an ff3 style and that has a good story and good playability. And if so how much. Here are my answers : 1. Yes 2. from 15 to 30 $ 3. why : Because those are my favorite type of game and I think they are more amuzing that lots of today games. Kevin
Kevin
Advertisement
"Hi ! I''m currently in the process in making a 2d game that is an rpg like the typical 2d ff3 game."

-So is everyone and their grandmother.

1. Yes, if it''s absolutely amazing.
2. Probably up to $15. However, I spent $50-60 on the Lunar remakes (well, Lunar IS my favorite game).. so if the game is Lunar-quality, I''d consider spending up to $50.

btw, it''s spelled "amusing."
1) Yes! As long as it has great gameplay of course...
2) $15-$20
3) I enjoy getting back to the roots of games...and that''s certainly a start...

JEWISH OPAH!
JEWISH OPAH!
1. Probally not. I like strategy and RTS games... I don''t know what ff3 is anyways .

2. Depends on the game... from $5 - $45

>> I think they are more amuzing
>> btw, it''s spelled "amusing."

Heh, I thought he was trying to say "amazing" .
i wouldnt even buy the latest one, get the idea
1. Yes
2. from $5 to $15 (unless it is a remake of some other game I liked)
3. why : 3/4 view games are still very fun (and great xmas presents)

I generally expect 16/32-bit graphics in newer games tho.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Links: C++ Reference, Java API
SDL Home Page, Lua Scripting Language, Python Scripting Language
Chris Taylor''s Design Document (Downloadabe MS-Word Only), Blitz Basic Homepage
While you could probably make a few sales (some form of trial/shareware/demo would really be needed to get more then a handful), choosing the right market would really help if you want to make money. The Cell phone and PDA market is very open to those types of games. While you still won''t get more then $30, you can certainly sell more copies if it can run on a Palm, Pocket PC, or smartphone.
"I generally expect 16/32-bit graphics in newer games tho."

I'd say more along the lines of 32/64-bit would be newer game graphics.

"I don't know what ff3 is anyways."

I'm pretty sure he means Final Fantasy 3...If he doesn't then I'm completely wrong and thus it would change my whole view on his game

JEWISH OPAH!

[edited by - Enzeru on May 26, 2004 9:28:55 PM]
JEWISH OPAH!
1) Probably not. The common newbie gamer will often judge a game by its graphics. If it's 2D, unless it's one heck of an eye-opener, it won't be impressive enough for them to buy it. But the older crowd may be interested. I would be.

2) It depends on the game itself. Nowadays, I wouldn't pay more than $20 for a game like FF3. But for something that goes further and has a really good story and an oldschool battle engine (down with people who try to abolish levels, experience, and hp!), I'd pay up to $40-50 if it's really good.

3) I've already listed why, but in short, I like 2D more than 3D by a longshot. I'll settle for a Xenogears-style engine though, which is what I'm currently working on. Insert shameless plug.

[edited by - RuneLancer on May 26, 2004 11:21:06 PM]
Don''t they still make games like that for GBA? I think there was / is some sort of Zelda game that you could play multiplayer.

Me, I''m usually happy with that style graphics, but since I''ve already played an abundance of games in that style I''d hope there''s something really special in the game that makes it stand out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement