DirectX 9.0c release date?

Started by
4 comments, last by superdeveloper 19 years, 10 months ago
Hello all, Anyone know when 9.0c will be released, if that''s even what it''s called? I am assuming that dx10 is not happening, but I heared rumors about version c...
Advertisement
Well, they''re beta testing - you can email them if you want to get on the program, but obviously they''re not just letting anyone on board.

Even if you don''t want to sign up, they''ll probably be the best people to ask re: the ETA.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Considering it''s the Summer Update 2004 / DX 9.0c, it will probably come out in late summer / early fall like Summer Update 2003 did.

Good news for managed users: the docs look a lot better.

Dustin Franklin
Mircrosoft DirectX MVP
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
[That's in breach of the NDA signed when you (or whoever is responsible) signed up for the beta program. Not acceptable. -superpig]

[edited by - Superpig on June 5, 2004 10:31:20 AM]
Who trusts this guy (AP)? ^^^

Anyway, I'd wait for the offical release.

--
You're Welcome,
Rick Wong
- Google | Google for GameDev.net | GameDev.net's DirectX FAQ. (not as cool as the Graphics and Theory FAQ)

[edited by - Pipo DeClown on June 5, 2004 8:45:12 AM]
Yeah...running the beta now and for the most part I''d agree that the docs for managed guys are much better...Beyond that, just try to hop in the beta yourself...
David Clifton

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement