• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hytak

Comparison between books

This topic is 5166 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I read a book on C++ programming. I'm planning to read an other one, and then after, probably buy a game programming book. I think to this books, what do you thinks? : Strategy game programming with DirectX or RPG game programming with DIrectX or Tricks of the windows game programming gurus. I dunno really wich one would be better, between Strategy game programming and RPG game programming. In "Trick of the windows game programming", I heard that the autor use C and not C++ ... should I be scared about that, because I only learned C++ without C? Thanks to answer, Note: If I ask this question, it's because there is a lot of comments about many books, but there isn't a lot of comparisons between them... [edited by - Hytak on May 26, 2004 8:48:50 PM] [edited by - Hytak on May 26, 2004 8:51:33 PM]

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!