Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accidental Hero

2D concept art for a fun game (well... it will be fun, when I finally make it)

If you want to see my site with my brother''s cool concept art, please visit www.thehaleybrothers.com Also, I posted something in the help wanted for those of you who are 3D artists, and love modeling and animation. You''d have to if you wanted to work with us... we don''t have funding and can''t pay anyone yet!

botman2    211
Hi, I love both the art work and the ammusing intro story. I just wasted most of the money on my account (connecting from my Uni) loading all the pics. Now I can''t print my assignment cover sheet but oh well it was worth it.

Based on what I''ve seen and what you propose, if the game turns out to be of the same quality, I would say I''d be very tempted to buy it (BUT ONLY IF YOU DO INCLUDE CO-OP MULTIPLAYER -- because otherwise I''d only ever rent it!)

Good luck!

Hey thanks!!!

I hope the game comes out the way I''m picturing it too...

We will definitely not release it as a single-player only. My whole reason for coming up with this idea in the first place was that I didn''t think there were enough co-op multiplayers.

I''m glad you enjoyed the site. And thanks for the compliment on the story... usually we only get feedback on the art. Which is fine, but... I''m the writer!

EDI    3679
Hey there,

My name is Raymond Jacobs, I'm the founder of Ethereal Darkness Interactive, a four person game development team.

The art for your game looks great, with luck you can find the right people to make it happen, seems to have alot of potential.

The main thing that struck me is that your from Massachusets, which is where I live also (Northampton) so I thought I would say hi to a fellow game developer not too far from home=)

Our primary project Morning's Wrath is coming along pretty good, maybe in the future we could do some collaberative work, just a thought=)

look here for the first 'production' screen shots of the game.

our site is a mess right now *mostly concerned with getting the game done* so please excuse the mess=)

Anyway, keep up the great work!

Raymond Jacobs,

www.EDIGames.com

www.EtherealDarkness.com

[edited by - EDI on May 27, 2004 1:50:14 PM]

[edited by - EDI on May 27, 2004 1:51:42 PM]

[edited by - EDI on May 27, 2004 1:59:51 PM]

To EDI:

Hi Ray! I''ve been to Northampton a few times. My entertainment lawyer is there. Thanks for the compliments and the good luck and all that. I see you guys are pluggin'' away... I''ll hafta look at more screenshots after work, but liked what I saw.

My brother and I can''t do any 3D art and programming, so we spent that last four months putting our site together. We''ve had some great luck so far. An expensive lawyer who hardly charges us, and a game engine that we don''t have to pay for unless we make money. Now we just need an artist who will work for free. Someone expressed interest already!

To all 3D artists:

...but that don''t mean we''ve stopped looking for help... heh heh!

To Alpha_ProgDes:

Yeah, we want the 3D art to look just like my brother''s illustrations. We''re thinkin'' cel-shaded objects + hand-drawn backgrounds.

Glad you like the look! Hope you''ll like the game... when there is a game!

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Your webpage is really nicely designed. Kudos to the creator(s). The game looks really neat and the artwork is smashing!

Thanks!

I wanna give kudos to the creators of Dreamweaver. That''s the software I learned how to use in January. One quick lesson from a friend, while we were drinking some kind of warm alcoholic beverage known as grog and watching Evil Dead. Anyway, I got a lot more out of that lesson than it sounds like, cuz I set up the site myself using Dreamweaver. Half the drawings were created this year, specifically because we had a site.

Always glad to hear from people who say nice things about our stuff! It''s feedback like this that makes me want to keep this thing moving.