Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bongfilur

Permuted index

Bongfilur    122
I would be happy if you could explain to me the meaning of a permuted index. I was supposed to do an exercise with it in my book, though though the definition of it was very vague... So if you could tell me what this ''permuted index'' is all about, I''d be happy Also, for what use do you wanna bring it in? Thank you,

Colin Jeanne    1114
A permuted index lists by category rather than alphabetically by title. For example, you might have a book on computer graphics where many topics dealing with circles do not begin with the word "circle". In a permuted index all of these topics would be listed under "circle".

An example

*Edit, I dont mean to post with a sad face, it seems though that since it is the last icon I used when I had the use prefered icon box checked it has become my prefered icon. It seems that there is a bug that when you edit the post you cannot change your icon from your prefered one even if you uncheck "Include my prefered post icon" and choose a different.

Thanks Salsa!Colin Jeanne | Invader's Realm
"I forgot I had the Scroll Lock key until a few weeks ago when some asshole program used it. It even used it right" - Conner McCloud

[edited by - Invader X on May 26, 2004 11:59:24 PM]

[edited by - Invader X on May 26, 2004 11:59:44 PM]

[edited by - Invader X on May 26, 2004 12:01:32 AM]