Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mayhem79

BIAS

I would like to take two textures display then on screen, overlapping dependant on their alpha channel. I would like to adjust the first one Red, Green and Blue values by a different fixed amounts, say -10 (uint8) or 0.1 (float) I see from the openGL specification there should be a way to do this using RED_BIAS, BLUE_BIAS, GREEN_BIAS however there is little documentation or examples (which I prefer) on using this? I would prefer to do this in the hardware if possible rather than looping through the textures and changing the values. Thankyou for reading this far Matt

GL_*_BIAS is for pixel transfers only. That is, glDrawPixels, glTexImage and similar functions. They have no effect on rasterized primitives.

To bias a color from a texture, or a rasterized primitive in general, you can use the texture combiners. Check out this extension (it''s a part of the core API now aswell). You can use the GL_ADD_SIGNED function to add a constant color to the texture.

Thankyou for your reply, I have had a look at the link and it will be usefull.

I was wondering if you happened to know where I could get some examples of the code being implemented.

Thanks again