Storing logic information using neural networks

Started by
11 comments, last by Jotaf 19 years, 10 months ago
I did a little follow up to my last post but was not able to find any of Bernadette's publications online. If you're particularly interested in this research, drop me an email and I'll give you her email address. I don't want to post it pubicly as you never know what sort of spam she might end up getting!

Cheers,

Timkin

[edited by - Timkin on May 30, 2004 9:04:34 PM]
Advertisement
Thanks for your replies

mrhodes that''s not really a problem, you can simply store them on disk But you have a point there, we have a lot more data on our daily lives than any other neural network, and duplicating that is really hard. But if a neural network like this works, at least it has the potential to develop an understanding of the world (logic and relations) similar to a young human.

Timkin thanks, I already sent you an e-mail

lukar I''m not sure it works like that. The idea I had looked a bit more like a semantic network. A neural network trained specially for this would look nothing more than a database program that works with a semantic network - it has inputs that tell it to store new information (and inputs that can be used to tell it what kind of information it is), or retrieve it (returning the desired information through the outputs). A complete brain could use this "module" to do tons of stuff that plain pattern recognizers can''t. Am I right?

Flarelocke I''m not really interested in the application of this for games, it''s something else I got interested in, and I thought that the gurus here would have some infor on it Thanks for the link, I''ll check it out later when I have the time
Well im trying to put together now concepts for a pattern recognizer, a pattern generator and a priorities module all with neural nets. Why? The human brain has these three to do its learning. Now I know this isn''t possible with normal cpu''s so im giving also a read to NNP''s (Neural Network Processors). I''m currently on my first semesters of mechatronics and I want to do further research on this while im on my final project.

It is very important for a system that can recognize patterns to generate it''s own... this is where imagination comes from (to my thinking) and also for it to set priorities. Of course this won''t be a very precise machine... but it can get better by time.
I have neurons in my butt!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement