MAYA 6.0 .X EXPORTER

Started by
3 comments, last by jpardon 19 years, 10 months ago
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had any success compiling the .X file exporter supplied with DirectX 9 with the Maya 6.0 SDK? I appear to be getting un-resolved external errors but if I point it at the old (Maya 5.0) SDK it all works just dandy. If anyone can help I''d much appreciate it. Jez www.JeremyPardon.com
www.JeremyPardon.com
Advertisement
Hi.
My friend an I are currently working with Maya 5 and the DirectX 9 sdk. However, I''ve had problems getting the plug-in to work in Maya 5. There''s a readme file within the dx9sdk plugin directory, however, it only talks about how to install for 3ds max.
In the Maya 5 plugin directory for dx9, there is: bicubicbezierpatches.mel and xfiletranslatoropts.mel, the rest of the files are c++ files, and I don''t see a .mll file (which I thought was necessary for maya plug-ins.

Thanks for your help!
erik
"what would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
Nevermind that, nice website! The xfile exporter on your site worked! Did you modify it in anyway? It looks similar to an older version (the Maya 4 plugin exporter). The older one wouldn''t work for me. If you used the MEL .. is it easy to write plugins for maya?

-thanks, Erik

and if I come across anything about Maya 6 I''ll let you know.
"what would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
Cheers Guys. The Maya exporter on my website is a modified version of the one supplied with the DX9 SDK and works with Maya 5.0, and includes support for vertex colours and more usable units of time for animation. The vertex colour support was half written in the code already but not finished, so I finished it for them
I''m now looking to just get it working with Maya 6.0 but something appears to have gone awol from the Maya SDK hence my unresolved external errors.

Writting MEL scripts is a doddle but plug-ins are harder. All I''ve done is butcher someone elses code so far so I''m no expert

Anyone else got an info on building the Maya exporter with Version 6.0 please heelllpppp.....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement