CD Writing code?

Started by
17 comments, last by Kryptus 19 years, 11 months ago
99% of VB components are imported from ActiveX controlls. 99% of delphi components are either actuial win32 api components or built-in.
"Mommy, where do microprocessors come from?"
Advertisement
I use C++ 98% of the time, but I have a very good knowledge of Visual Basic, and right now I can open it and make a usefull aplication, it can be inventory manager if you want (even with access to a database), in less than 30 minutes, with absolutely no problem, compile it and deliver it for review of my client. What else do you want Dreq?
Come on people...stick to the question, I still wanna know a starting point for CD Writing development...!
Google for IMAPI.

like this
quote:Original post by Dreq
99% of VB components are imported from ActiveX controlls. 99% of delphi components are either actuial win32 api components or built-in.

I still don''t see a problem there... So yes, you need a bunch of activex controls to run the VB application, who cares about that anyway. If you use the VB Deployment wizard they get added to the installer, and if you use stuff like Innosetup, they add up a maximum of 2MB.

And is importing controls from an ActiveX control so bad? No, it''s just encapsulation. If you want advanced custom controls in Delphi, there is a high chance you need to use to use OCX/ActiveX aswell.

Toolmaker

My site
/* -Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.*/

quote:Original post by UfoZ
Google for IMAPI.

like this

Hmm... The docs say that you need Windows XP for the IMAPI code, and i don''t seem to have imapi.h. Is this availiable for Win2k? I''m interested in tinkering with it...

Cheers,
Steve
Thats all fine and dandy until you run into a case where one VB app relies on an older OCX than another VB ap. You get a program where you can either run one or the other. And its worse when you have more VB aps, some will work only if others aren''t installed, and vice versa.. its a freaking nightmare.
"Mommy, where do microprocessors come from?"
Steve note where it says platform sdk. You need to download that free but big download from microsoft.
Isn''t IMAPI the Windows XP interface for burning CD''s? If it is then it''s like adding the Windows Media Player control to VB...it''s pointless!!! Isn''t there another independant method of implementing CD writing code?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement