CD Writing code?

Started by
17 comments, last by Kryptus 19 years, 11 months ago
G''day, I am interested in designing and creating a CD Writing application (like a really simple version of Nero). Where can I obtain resources to learn programming or obtain sample code from? Is C/C++ sufficient to program such and application or will some assembly be required?
Advertisement
Check Here First!

or

Check here for other projects

(sorry, couldn''t resist)
If you''re planning on "learning programming," then your first project seems a little too ambitious. Unless I misread you, or you''re a machine...
"I study differential and integral calculus in my spare time." -- Karl Marx
Well he didn't out-right say he didnt know, c++,b ut the fact that he's asking if its efficent enough or not shows his lack of knowledge int he area As far as ASM goes, usuially you don't need ASM, because its generally a BAD idea to bypass windows' drivers, unless you have your own internal drivers for all the CD burners out there

[edited by - dreq on May 27, 2004 9:52:19 PM]
"Mommy, where do microprocessors come from?"
I''ve been programming Visual Basic for over 4 years and C/C++ for about 1.5 years (but I''ve moved all my knowledge from VB over so I''ve got a mega head start). As for assembly I have been programming for a week! Hehehe. Anyways, sorry for the misinterpretation...
Honestly, visual basic doesn''t count, so don''t bother mentioning it, it has absolutely no value in real programming nomatter which way you look at it

And assembly is great, its very easy to learn and use, its just been given a bad rep by kids. Heres a few usefull links:

http://radasm.visualassembler.com/

http://www.movsd.com/masm.htm

Enjoy
quote:Original post by Dreq
Honestly, visual basic doesn''t count, so don''t bother mentioning it, it has absolutely no value in real programming nomatter which way you look at it

And assembly is great, its very easy to learn and use, its just been given a bad rep by kids.

Much like Visual Basic, as you ignorantly bashed in your first sentence.

Theres nothing wrong with Visual Basic, its great at what it does. Is it blazing fast object oriented game creation geared? No, of course not. Thats not what its meant for.

Its for RAD. Rapid Application Development.

And it does THAT, extremely well.

Until is was superseded by NET, anyway...which is in no way a bad thing. I can''t wait for VB.NET (not for resale copy ) to get here
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
I''m sorry, but I can only take so many OCX and runtime errors before I start hating VB for what it is.. an OCX wrapper. If you want rad, use Delphi, at least that generates real executables.
quote:Original post by Dreq
I''m sorry, but I can only take so many OCX and runtime errors before I start hating VB for what it is.. an OCX wrapper. If you want rad, use Delphi, at least that generates real executables.

so does VB6. muppet.
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement