Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hmm.

This topic is 4948 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know I''m going to seem like the BIGGEST newbie in the entire world .. but is it possible to make a Win32 application and such and use the API SDL? .. As well, this will make me sound even bigger .. I just know it will .. but, I''m currently in the process of building a 2d RPG, and here .. ___________________________ | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |__________________| | | | | | --------------------------- That''s a general layout of how the screen looks, the large rectangle is where the game will actually be seen the other is left open for a chat area. Now my major question right now is this, how do you get it so that the ''map'' of your game only appears in that section and scrolls as the player walks to the edge of the visible section of the area.

Another question, if you can'' answer the first one, which I know is probably not an easy task, seeing as the stupid post got messed up. But I am trying to compile some tutorials about Win32 and it has an extrenious .h and when I try to compile it says In File included from input.cpp .. and I''ve tried adding the .h to the project but that doesnt work either