Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mysti

Adult Multiplayer Game..

Mysti    122
Sunandshadow - All I can say is wow, and thank you. You''ve certainly got some good ideas, and given me some to think about. It seems there''s a high possibility of the game actually working out. If you''re interested in getting more involved with the project, drop me a line at anythingbutthespatula@hotmail.com, like I said in a previous post. We need all the ideas we can get
Looks will certainly be an important part of the game - if anyone has ever played The Realm Online, they''ll know about the character creation interface. It has you pick your character''s race, gender, girth and height. Then it gives you a a number of head shapes, hair, eyes, lips, noses and so on to choose from. It''s certainly one of the things I like most about the game, as I really like being able to customize my character.
I wouldn''t want to walk down a street and see various couples shagging on the road and making dirty comments in the game, so either an option of disabling seeing that or sex in houses/hotel rooms only would be best.
I''ve been doing a bit of research into aspects of MORPGs and how they might be incorporated into a game such as this, and my brain hurts. So I''ll be back later - I''m definitely looking forward to seeing more ideas

Madster    242
Multiplayer dating sim... hmmm

well in a dating sim you either win points or lose points, but if the ''other'' is not an NPC but another human being, then how do you know who is winning?

have them award points to each other!!!

And you shouldnt be able to check for someone else''s points
so your goal could be collecting points by mingling and having everyone give you good ratings.

Thus... dating sim!

About public nudity... how about that new trend of spawning "private dungeons" ?
say you wanna have fun near the fountain outside... the game spawns the fountain area with a bunch of NPC walking around and such, and both you and your partner. would this work? then again it lacks the punch of real people around... maybe it should be an option for both the performers and the onlookers. ("participate in private dungeons checkbox?")

and P2P is the way to go for fringe online games =)

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Cute idea, especially if done in a non-tacky way.

Someone mentioned ToonTown; just thought I''d chip in and mention that the Panda3D (used for TT) engine is open source, and might be a good fit. It''s exposing the entire interface through Python, so you wouldn''t need to be a killer C++ programmer to make mini-games, etc. The server side is still quite lacking, though.

http://www.etc.cmu.edu/panda3d/
http://www.python.org/pycon/dc2004/papers/29/

The other option (that an art-heavy team might prefere) is doing the whole thing in Flash or Shockwave3d, with a backend DB. It''s a bit more low-tech, but at least it''s doable.

This is a great idea if you can find ways of opening it up to existing couples as well as singles; I know several friends that spend long periods apart (either because they study in different countries, or work in different cities, and only get to see each other during the weekends): this would be a great idea for them.

Good luck.

Shimeran    122
A lot honestly depends on what you want the focus of the game to be. If you want it to center on romantic angles, look at dating sims. If you want to focus on social and economic angles, look at games like the Harvest Moon series.
If you were planning on makin it like a traditional crpg, take a peek at the RPGMaker game "Romancing Walker". It''s a nice game overall, and explores some inter-party romantic angles.

Vanquish    216
To take the tacky route...

Id be interested in seeing a 3d chat program with "adult interactions" enabled.

Let''s face it...a lot of people "cyber". And if you think about the amount of animations made for regular MMOs...over hundreds of monster types and interactions and spell effects...simulating human intercourse wouldnt be that hard.

If we are REALLY going to get adult here...do any old Macintosh people remember that game MacFoxes ? Well the idea was to bring a woman to "completion" (trying to keep this pg-13) through various methods. Yes, I played it thank you.

There are already 3d chat programs out there Im sure (havent been looking for one since Im happily married), but Im sure you could market it with adult interactions and animations. And hell you could even have content updates for people who like to roleplay as "the babysitter" or an erotic vampyre or whatever those people do.

Someone will eventually make it...and make a lot of cash.

Pxtl    354
Look at it this way - there''ll be tons of adult "dating" MMO games eventually, its a natural concept. None of them will be hardcore though - that''d scare off too many people.

So think hardcore. That''d set yourself apart. You can have different regions of the MMO world cordoned off for different forms of perverts, with the main zone being relatively tame, normal dating land (personally, I will never be entering Yiffie City or Domination Land). Different regions can have different goals that give you points. The only hard part would be where to draw the line - Rapeland might be a little much for some people.

I''d love to see a dating game where I could play a Tentacle Monster a la "Ghastly''s Ghastly Comic". Think twisted sex shops where players can buy gear to deck out their characters. Think of scoring points for fucking in public places when nobody''s looking (and losing points for getting cought). Think of what the stats would be (flexibility, strength, manual/oral dexterity, personal beautification, etc).

The internet has an alarming number of perverts, and a fair number of them would probably love a good, humourous, bizarre MMO for their tastes. For proof, see the dirty webcomic community or various humour/news sites that also post erotic content - sometimes the bost bizarre artistic erotic content.

superpig    1825
quote:
Original post by Madster
have them award points to each other!!!

Genius. Rate your partner afterwards - "Was it good for you?" "Eh, I''d give you a 7 out of 10."

To develop it even further, say that every player can only rate every other player once (and if they rate that player again it repeals their earlier score). However, the influence that rating has depends on the "strength" of the relationship between the two players - you could gain a few points from a one-night-stand, but if you have a long-term relationship with that person, their rating (which may not even be as high as the one-night-stander) would have much more effect upon your score.

That way scores are built in two directions - sex/physical interaction, and also longterm/mental type stuff. I like it.

Richard "Superpig" Fine
Hot hart man!!
[TBRF|GP&T|Enginuity1|Enginuity2|Enginuity3|Enginuity4|Enginuity5|TB|DirectXFAQ]

I've played a game like this, it wasn't all adult oriented. It had areas for artists, and people who like to write stories, and stuff like that. Then it had the adult side as well.
What really worked well in the game was that people where able to create their own worlds within the game, and then could go into the main WORLD on the game and in the different sections, they could upload their world that would create a portal to their dream. It kept the game interesting, and less work for the game developer to design worlds when you let the population do the work. The world makers could update their world as they wanted. And you get alot of really cool situations. Anyways that would just be my suggestion to try to implement.

DirectXXX    151
I dont like the idea of "such" adult game. ChatRooms have been used for many crimes. In this type of adult game people will probably like to make relations with others. There is no way to know the actual age and sex of other players. I think such game can/will trigger more bad ideas in most *** kind of people.

Pxtl    354
You probably can know the ages of players if you're requiring the use of a credit card. Ultimately, you could require a valid ID number (such as driver's license number) to play.

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Yeah, a credit card required to play would probably be the best idea, although may scare off quite a few people. I personally don't have a problem with persons over fourteen being exposed to sex-related things. It's my experience that the majority of females over fourteen and under eighteen have probably performed various sexual acts willingly and haven't regretted them (have even enjoyed them). Older people may not like it, but teenagers especially are very sexually aware and are (shock horror) capable of making their own decisions, sexual or otherwise. The majority of them aren't dummied or bullied into doing things they don't want to do, although television and other things would have you speak otherwise.
But that isn't what I'm here to talk about - I'm here to talk about a sex game :D Before going on, I'd like to remind people to email me at anythingbutthespatula@hotmail.com if interested in helping with the project, if only to share ideas.
I think it's doubtless the game would have extreme character customization, as looks are very much a part of the dating/love game. The problem this presents is creating animations, as creating one base template for a character would go against the idea of extreme customization. If anyone has played The Realm, that type of (I'm going to say it again) customization would be very good for this game.
I'm not too sure about creating an extremely hardcore game, although there could be seperate sections for those who want it that extreme, but for the most part I think that the game should be done as tastefully as possibly, and not in a gooey romantic way but in such a way as to not force things upon the players. The game should largely incorporate sexual interaction and so forth, but give you options to do other things as well.
My brain hurts, so I'll post again a bit later :)

Spinoza    103
I think the big problem is that combining cybersex and a game is extremely difficult.

Sex/romance is typically a creative process and hopefully collaborative

Gaming is almost always a goal oriented....challenge/reward system.

Their extremely different worlds.

I have heard mention scoring the other person. I like the idea but how many would continue to play if the were scored poorly.

Another idea would be to have people get a certain amount of money/influence points whatever that they could give away. You can't spend your own points on things but you can spend other players. Then you would have to create things that could be purchased with those points.

Its possible just seems that the whole idea really lacks a gaming feel to it. Otherwise its just a glorified chat program.

By the way from what I hear the Online Sims has turned into this already.

Taulin    100
First, this link to a thread I made.

Adult does not always mean sex.

Second, if you are going for 'role playing' and sex, then you will need that rating system to guide each other on your actions. If you are hard to get, then you conversations will need to be that way. Stats are a key in role playing because it's a way to gauge the fake character versus the real, and how they are playing. Esentially, not role playing in a role playing environment is 'cheating'.

The problem is in that many people can't get into this mode, and a possible sex simulation would attract those who don't care to role play. If you don't care about role playing, then I guess they can play themselves, which again leads to the rating system.

Also, if sex is a major part, you need to consider stats and skills increase as actions are performed. Trying to smooth talk and get together with a high level player should be more worth while than a 'n00b' player who just started. Maybe even an experience system based upon performance.