Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help Pacman AI?

This topic is 4948 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

As a beginning practice with game AI ,I want to write a game like pacman.But I haven''t any source about pacman''AI .Can you tell me that where can I to find something about pacman AI articles? thanks a lot.

I think that one of the ghosts just goes to random direction on an intersection, the red ghost always goes to the direction where the player is and the rest of the ghosts go either to random or chase direction with 50% probability.

Ok that was just guessing and a vague memory of reading of it.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I dont got any code been looking for some my self. But I know what the ghost do. One of them like he said goes to a random location on the map. One always chances you. One will try and cut you off at an intersecion. And one will go after you but stays close to the midle trying to stop you from using the wrap arounds. Those are the 4 basic AIs. One of them not sure witch one is a wimp. If you rush at him he runs away from you. They all also have other lil behavours but not sure what they are. I know the AI doesnt pick its path every game loop. Only when it is at an intersection. Thats about all I know. If you find more or any code please post it here.