Cuting out the faces/vertices

Started by
4 comments, last by Red Drake 19 years, 11 months ago
Well hear it goes : I am preaty new to game developing (5 months or somthing like that) and I hawe a question. I want to know how can I (after I load all vertices/triangles from file) cut the number of faces/vertices I hawe searchd the net buth have not found anything (except how to do it with X file format). So if any one woud be so kind to explain this to me, give me an link or share his code with me I woud be most gratefull. Thanks in advance P.S. Sory about the gramatical errors
Red Drake
Advertisement
Are you talking about mesh decimation? That''s a reasonably complicated subject. I''m not sure, but I think it''s covered in ''3D Math Primer''. It generally involves evaluating some error metric which tells you whether two tris can be collapsed into one. Then the procedure can be applied recursively until you have the desired coarseness.
Are you talking about mesh decimation? That''s a reasonably complicated subject. I''m not sure, but I think it''s covered in ''3D Math Primer''. It generally involves evaluating some error metric which tells you whether two tris can be collapsed into one. Then the procedure can be applied recursively until you have the desired coarseness.
Oops.
Yes I supose this is it.
So any tutorials on the net. (dont wory about the topic being "complicated" i will learn it even if it takes me a week or a month)
Red Drake
Hey!
I asked a quaestion , sombody must qnow an anwser
p.s.
I am writeing this yust so this topic gets to top of the others
Red Drake

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement