Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first physics test, i like it :)

This topic is 4944 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''d like to call it gelatine physics, it''s my first physics ''project'' (except gravity things) and i wanted to do some basic fluid/cloth simulation. I played around with it a bit and i got this: gelatine cube arrow keys to rotate, space to add a force to the top middle point and see what it does. What do you guys think ?

Looks great! Can you compile a version that isn''t wire-frame and use a different (similiar) color for each vertex, or the same color only with some lighting added? I''m curious how the effect will look in a non-wireframe surface..

Guest Anonymous Poster
Very nice

As the above poster said, it''d be nice to see it solid lit.

Any chance of a gander at the source?

Thanks! I am going to add goroud shading somewhere this weekend. Maybe i will put source online later, it''s very simple and not very special (i worked on this for at most 2 hours) so don''t expect much .

Wow! Brilliant! A solid view would make it look a bit better but still keep wireframe view as an option so it is possible to see the insides. Another couple of things too: can you add a thing so that it can be rotated - I thing a topish view would look good. Also this would make a really nice screensaver!

Guest Anonymous Poster
If you change the screen mode (F1) it resets.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Man, that is seriously sweet, good job!

Suggestion: maybe have the cuboid resting on a plane? A lot of the time, after toggling gravity a few times and giving the shape a pounding, it just flies off into space and you have to reset.

Thanks! Yeah i know, i am going to add physics between multiple object some time and then mayb surround the object with a cube so it can't fly away, and it gives a nice effect when the objects bump onto eachother.

EDIT: by the way, when you set the bottom to fixed the shape does not move anymore.

[edited by - Tree Penguin on May 31, 2004 6:43:01 PM]

Superb demo TreePenguin. I hope/think it will inspire many people to write physics related demos. If not already done so, post this on the Maths & Physics section where I think you will get some good feedback from all the "physicists" and brainiacs the lurk around there

quote:
Original post by DMINATOR
nice looks real , however it seems that i can add more force in wireframe mode than in solid

That''s because the physics aren''t time based (because of the inaccuracy with low framerates) but adding the force is (every time a WM_KEYDOWN message for VK_SPACE is recieved the force is added), this leads to different forces at different framerates.