My first physics test, i like it :)

Started by
16 comments, last by Tree Penguin 19 years, 10 months ago
I am playing around a bit, i will make a nice minidemo out of it next week somewhere. I will post it as soon as it''s done .
Advertisement
What about this?

EDIT: bad link

Toggle Wireframe: W
Toggle Points With Forces: P

[edited by - Tree Penguin on May 31, 2004 8:55:58 AM]
Man, that is seriously sweet, good job!

Suggestion: maybe have the cuboid resting on a plane? A lot of the time, after toggling gravity a few times and giving the shape a pounding, it just flies off into space and you have to reset.
Thanks! Yeah i know, i am going to add physics between multiple object some time and then mayb surround the object with a cube so it can't fly away, and it gives a nice effect when the objects bump onto eachother.

EDIT: by the way, when you set the bottom to fixed the shape does not move anymore.

[edited by - Tree Penguin on May 31, 2004 6:43:01 PM]
Superb demo TreePenguin. I hope/think it will inspire many people to write physics related demos. If not already done so, post this on the Maths & Physics section where I think you will get some good feedback from all the "physicists" and brainiacs the lurk around there
Good work. Thanks for sharing.
JD
nice looks real , however it seems that i can add more force in wireframe mode than in solid
quote:Original post by DMINATOR
nice looks real , however it seems that i can add more force in wireframe mode than in solid

That''s because the physics aren''t time based (because of the inaccuracy with low framerates) but adding the force is (every time a WM_KEYDOWN message for VK_SPACE is recieved the force is added), this leads to different forces at different framerates.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement