Try my engine :D

Started by
15 comments, last by b3rs3rk 19 years, 10 months ago
i''ve wrote this small 3d engine and i would like to hear your comments :D supports: BSP,PVS,per-pixel lightning,dot3 bump mapping, Quake3 models here''s: http://www.neoborn.com/users/b3rs3rk/demo.rar
Advertisement
clickification

Sharp Basic - Coming summer 2004!
hi man, this is pretty cool, don''t like it as an engine that much, since it is so simple, but as a demo it''s really cool. You should release a tutorial about it. Do you have icq or anything, I would like to talk to you about adding bump mapping into a BSP!
www.prsoftware.de
It looks great , but there are some collision problems , i managed to get under the stairs.
thanks a lot! :D

the collision problems are due to the camera radius (i think...) i should fix it one of these days...

sorry,but i don''t use icq anymore. only MSN... let me know if u like it :D
JazzD> "You should release a tutorial about it"

see MD3 animation, and Quake3 BSP loader 2&3 here: http://www.gametutorials.com/Tutorials/opengl/OpenGL_Pg5.htm

strange that the model, the map and the controls are exactly the same

[edited by - sBibi on May 29, 2004 9:50:11 AM]
lol, im not talking about the models and the map, im talking about the bump mapping and the per-pixel lighting, it''s a HARD thing, as I see he added it to the gametutorials.com tutorial, well I work for gametutorials and would love to have a tutorial follow up that adds per-pixel lighting and bump mapping to the bsp tutorial, so if you would like to do it, tell me .
www.prsoftware.de
@sBibi:
infact i''ve based my code on GameTutorial''s tuts:
the map is a mod of the Q3 map format, i''ve added the support for Dot3 bump mapping and other effects (some shaders, reflections and so on)

i''m not a graphic artist, i don''t spend my time creating amazing grafics, i work only on the code.
I assume you are a Red Dwarf fan.
Nice work on the engine.
That Anon Poster was me.

I just noticed that Lara looses her texture when I switch to fullscreen using F1.

[edited by - kwackers on May 29, 2004 10:25:58 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement