Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Try my engine :D

This topic is 4947 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i''ve wrote this small 3d engine and i would like to hear your comments :D supports: BSP,PVS,per-pixel lightning,dot3 bump mapping, Quake3 models here''s: http://www.neoborn.com/users/b3rs3rk/demo.rar

hi man, this is pretty cool, don''t like it as an engine that much, since it is so simple, but as a demo it''s really cool. You should release a tutorial about it. Do you have icq or anything, I would like to talk to you about adding bump mapping into a BSP!

thanks a lot! :D

the collision problems are due to the camera radius (i think...) i should fix it one of these days...

sorry,but i don''t use icq anymore. only MSN... let me know if u like it :D

lol, im not talking about the models and the map, im talking about the bump mapping and the per-pixel lighting, it''s a HARD thing, as I see he added it to the gametutorials.com tutorial, well I work for gametutorials and would love to have a tutorial follow up that adds per-pixel lighting and bump mapping to the bsp tutorial, so if you would like to do it, tell me .

@sBibi:
infact i''ve based my code on GameTutorial''s tuts:
the map is a mod of the Q3 map format, i''ve added the support for Dot3 bump mapping and other effects (some shaders, reflections and so on)

i''m not a graphic artist, i don''t spend my time creating amazing grafics, i work only on the code.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I assume you are a Red Dwarf fan.
Nice work on the engine.

That Anon Poster was me.

I just noticed that Lara looses her texture when I switch to fullscreen using F1.

[edited by - kwackers on May 29, 2004 10:25:58 AM]

@kwackers: i''ve never noticed that! i always run it windowed and so.... ehehe i''ll fix it soon :D

@JazzD: i would be very glad to write a tut for GameTutorials :D
gimme some time and i''ll send it :D gimme your email

jazzd2k@hotmail.com for my msn!
111621601 for icq
jazzd@prsoftware.de for regular mails!

that would be awesome to see a tutorial on bumps and lighting with bsp!! wow.

Give me your msn adress too please :]

Guest Anonymous Poster
There seems to be an error, Everytime the lightsource circled one round, the bumpmaps flip 180 degrees.

Maddi

hehe nice berserk, I have really cool ideas for the tutorial, if we have some more time we could add some AI, and maybe a basic game tutorial to it all! But let''s talk on MSN about that !