Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lesson 45 (VBO's) and Linux/SDL

This topic is 4943 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I downloaded the Linux/SDL port of lesson 45 on VBO''s. It compiles fine, but crashes on the first call to one of the extension functions that it loads. It thinks it loads them fine (SDL_GL_GetProcAddress doesn''t return NULL). I''ve search around and can''t seem to find anything helpful. I''m using NVidia''s latest linux drivers and headers, which might possibly be important. Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to fix it? Am I just being dumb?
My 3D Pirate Game is in need of a better name, want to help?

I found that if I rename what I call the extension functions it is loading, it works fine. For example, if I rename "glBindBufferARB" to "glBindBufferAR", it works. Any ideas why?

My 3D Pirate Game is in need of a better name, want to help?

[edited by - Mr Grinch on May 29, 2004 1:22:04 AM]

That''s weird.
I''m using complete function names and it works fine with latest NVIDIA official drivers for linux.

It looks like you''re getting a side effect of a memory leak.

Wow, thanks for replying. I had given up on any replies. So what you''re telling me is that you think the Linux/SDL port of the nehe lesson has a memory leak that prevents it from running properly on some (a few? just mine?) systems. That''s great, and a helpful tutorial...

Um, well, not really.

I''m not telling that SDL has a memory leak that helps.
I''m rather telling that without SDL there is some memory leak that yields to error.