Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEED HELP PLEASE!

This topic is 4947 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i want to know how to bind two or more files together. like a exe attached to a jpg and it will also run the exe thats what binding is. how do i do this? thanks in advanced.

You''re being a little vague. Are you developing an application you want to attach resources to? Are you developing a pak file format? What language? What platform? More info is needed.

Guest Anonymous Poster
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#bespecific

If you just need to distribute your exe with the file its easy

dim ifl() as byte
dim ffl() as byte
dim ofl() as byte
open exefile for binary as #1
redim ifl(lof(1))
get #1, , ifl
close #1
open fileadded for binary as #1
redim ffl(lof(1)) as byte
get #1, , ffl
close #1
for x = 0 to ubound(ifl)
ofl(x) = ifl(x)
next x
for x = 0 to ubound(ffl)
ofl(x + ubound(ifl) + 1) = ffl(x)
next x
open outfile for binary as #1
put #1, , ofl
put #1, , ccur(ubound(ifl))
close #1

That just 1. gets the two files, 2. puts the exe before the jpg and 3. puts the length of the exe on the end of it.

To get it out, just use

dim bn() as byte
dim lf as currency
dim of() as byte
open file for binary as #1
redim bn(lof(1) - 4)
get #1, bn
get #1, lf
close #1
open file for binary as #1
redim of(ubound(bn) - lf)
get #1, lf, of
close #1
open fout for binary as #1
put #1, of
close #1

Thats how i do it... if you want something different, just ask.

Do you mean file associations? Where you have SomeFile.yourFileExtension and you want your own application to start whenever the file is double clicked? IIRC, your app will receive the filename as an argument to your main method, then you need the registry to associate the .something with your actual exe.

try here

He wants to know how to attach his trojan executable to a jpeg image, such that when his victim opens the image, the executable will install itself and steal passwords, perform keylogs and the like.

Well I have news for you clown - it''s not possible, and thank jimmy it isn''t.

quote:
Original post by antareus
Maybe its the optimist in me, but I don''t think he wants to make a trojan.

Look up FindResource()/LoadResource() in MSDN. You may need to use a JPEG decompression library if you are using that format.

Example code - ResourceManager.cpp

[edited by - antareus on May 30, 2004 7:53:45 PM]

Always assume the worst case scenario...

That''s how you make lots of friends.

Nah, it is clear he wants to make something bad. Why on earth would you, by his example, want to run an exe when a jpeg is opened? And he even said that he doesn''t mean file-type associations.

Yeah, if it were in the opposite order (run exe, do something with jpg attached to exe), it would be a simple and fairly benign question.

But asking how to tack an executable onto an image and make it run when the image is opened is a little shifty at best.

The only way to ever make this happen would be to make a special loader go along with the image so it can open the jpg as normal, unattach the exe behind it and run it. And frankly that''s an awful way to distribute anything, be it a virus or not...

Then again, some people are so stupid that if they got an e-mail that said, "Here''s a picture of someone naked/cute kittens, but you have to use this program to open it!" they would do it regardless of how many warnings they''ve been given not to.

BTW, I mean no offense to internet newbies (not that there are many of those here) who wouldn''t know better. In those cases it''s an honest mistake.

-Auron

With a name like eliteNewbie in leet-speak, asking a question in all capital letters about how to make something that works like a virus...

...this has got to be a joke, right?