NEED HELP PLEASE!

Started by
17 comments, last by 31337noob 19 years, 10 months ago
and OrangyTang no not files extensions.
nicecoder knows what i mean.
Advertisement
Here''s a tip, go learn it yourself instead of begging for the entire thing here.
JPG data is just binary. I''ll let you figure the rest out.

---------------------------Hello, and Welcome to some arbitrary temporal location in the space-time continuum.

He wants to know how to attach his trojan executable to a jpeg image, such that when his victim opens the image, the executable will install itself and steal passwords, perform keylogs and the like.

Well I have news for you clown - it''s not possible, and thank jimmy it isn''t.
Maybe its the optimist in me, but I don't think he wants to make a trojan.

Look up FindResource()/LoadResource() in MSDN. You may need to use a JPEG decompression library if you are using that format.

Example code - ResourceManager.cpp

[edited by - antareus on May 30, 2004 7:53:45 PM]
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
quote:Original post by antareus
Maybe its the optimist in me, but I don''t think he wants to make a trojan.

Look up FindResource()/LoadResource() in MSDN. You may need to use a JPEG decompression library if you are using that format.

Example code - ResourceManager.cpp

[edited by - antareus on May 30, 2004 7:53:45 PM]

Always assume the worst case scenario...

That''s how you make lots of friends.
Nah, it is clear he wants to make something bad. Why on earth would you, by his example, want to run an exe when a jpeg is opened? And he even said that he doesn''t mean file-type associations.
Not giving is not stealing.
Yeah, if it were in the opposite order (run exe, do something with jpg attached to exe), it would be a simple and fairly benign question.

But asking how to tack an executable onto an image and make it run when the image is opened is a little shifty at best.

The only way to ever make this happen would be to make a special loader go along with the image so it can open the jpg as normal, unattach the exe behind it and run it. And frankly that''s an awful way to distribute anything, be it a virus or not...

Then again, some people are so stupid that if they got an e-mail that said, "Here''s a picture of someone naked/cute kittens, but you have to use this program to open it!" they would do it regardless of how many warnings they''ve been given not to.

BTW, I mean no offense to internet newbies (not that there are many of those here) who wouldn''t know better. In those cases it''s an honest mistake.

-Auron
With a name like eliteNewbie in leet-speak, asking a question in all capital letters about how to make something that works like a virus...

...this has got to be a joke, right?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement