Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vertex/pixel shaders GPU

This topic is 4947 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

G''day there, I was looking to get into pixel shading, and found the ''cg'' shading language library. But for some reason when i try and run programs that use simple bumpmapping or vertex shading etc... The say that my hardware doesn''t support it and runs in "VERY slow-mode". In other words the software is emulating it or whatever. I downloaded the latest drivers for my raphics card from nVidea and installed them. (I have a Geforce 4 MX card) and the drivers said they supported my card. So why can''t i make use of the new ARB extensions like GL_ARB_vertex_... and things like that? Is it my graphics card?! Or do i have to do something in the code or in the setup somewhere that says where or what these extensions are?! I don''t know what to do! I really hope someone can help me with this. It''s a real pain not being able to run these demos and tutes, i really want to get into shaders. MeeZ

You video card is a GeForce 2.5. Anyway you need a GeForce FX or Radeon 9500+ for CG fragment shaders.

Edit: Your card does support the GL_ARB_vertex_program but only in software.

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

[edited by - CPPMaster Poppet on May 29, 2004 4:29:17 AM]

Aaah, what a bumber! But thanks mate. I''ll have to look at saving for one of those cards then i guess. What one do you recommend?

MeeZ