• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MeeZ

vertex/pixel shaders GPU

This topic is 5309 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

G''day there, I was looking to get into pixel shading, and found the ''cg'' shading language library. But for some reason when i try and run programs that use simple bumpmapping or vertex shading etc... The say that my hardware doesn''t support it and runs in "VERY slow-mode". In other words the software is emulating it or whatever. I downloaded the latest drivers for my raphics card from nVidea and installed them. (I have a Geforce 4 MX card) and the drivers said they supported my card. So why can''t i make use of the new ARB extensions like GL_ARB_vertex_... and things like that? Is it my graphics card?! Or do i have to do something in the code or in the setup somewhere that says where or what these extensions are?! I don''t know what to do! I really hope someone can help me with this. It''s a real pain not being able to run these demos and tutes, i really want to get into shaders. MeeZ

Advertisement
You video card is a GeForce 2.5. Anyway you need a GeForce FX or Radeon 9500+ for CG fragment shaders.

Edit: Your card does support the GL_ARB_vertex_program but only in software.

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

[edited by - CPPMaster Poppet on May 29, 2004 4:29:17 AM]

Aaah, what a bumber! But thanks mate. I''ll have to look at saving for one of those cards then i guess. What one do you recommend?

MeeZ

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!