Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GCC compiler help

This topic is 4942 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m trying to install the newest version of gcc, 3.4.0, on a Redhat 7.2 box. After some trials and tribulations, I have managed to build and install it. However, when I try to run gcj, the Java frontend, I get the error message "Installation problem : Cannot run jc1. No such file or directory." Now, the file certainly does exist. I''ve tried adding its location to my path, as well as copying it to my /usr/bin directory, and to the directory where gcj itself is located. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Extra info : I configured gcc with --enable-java-awt=xlib --with-x --prefix=$Home/mygcc I used gcj Hello.java as my test of gcj - perhaps I need some additional options, or something?

Good idea, unfortunately they were already in the same directory. Guess I''ll be posting this on a Linux-help forum. If you don''t see me again, it''s because I annoyed a wizard and he turned me into a Microsoft drone.