Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please try my demo Smash TV app

This topic is 4946 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m creating a 3D version of the SNES classic "Smash TV". I intend to be fully 3D with enemys that attack you intelligently (e.g. with long-range weapons if they pick them up, they collect health if needed etc) rather than just try to overwhelm you. I''ve created a litle program here than demonstrates the quadtree rendering and culling system, morphing animation and slightly intelligent animats that sense and react to their immediate environment. At the moment they just pre-empt and avoid collisions and follow the permiter of the environment. O = Play "Open Door" animation on a couple of doors P = Play "Close Door" animation on a couple of doors B = Play the "Explode Box" animation Alt+F4 = Quit the app (won''t be permenant). Please post your system specs if it runs OK and especially if it doesn''t! Smash TV Cheers

Worked on my system
PIII 500
256MB RAM
TNT2 Video Card
WinXP Pro

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, drown a man in the water and the fish will eat for a week!