Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cubasis And FL Studio 4

This topic is 4947 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I got the both of em and i''m figuring out how they work.. can anyone explain to me what kind of programs they are?.. They are totally different from Cakewalk and i''m really confused. I got those programs out of my Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro Sound card ..

I got Garritan Personal Orchestra a little while ago. If it''s coming into the UK, then FedEx will probably add in some duty tax and handling fee (I had to pay an extra 13 quid for that) but, hell, for the price of it, it''s worth it.

You have the choice of using it as a VST/DirectX plugin, or using it''s own notation program (I use Sibelius for notation, so I''ve not bothered using it''s program). On a general note, I find that the brass and woodwind sounds are great quality, and with the "legato" function, you can get some fantasic slurs. I''m having less of a fun time with strings, as anything moderately fast sounds a little poor (though I''m experimenting with that as I type).

All in all, it''s a fantasic package. They''ve also got a strings only one, with all sorts of release endings and articulations, but it''s around the USD 700 mark

I don''t know much about EWQL - a friend of mine bought it, only to realise that he needed a DVD drive for it....

Barry Ryerson
Head of Audio Development
Ryerson Sound Solutions
URL:http://www.ryerson-sound.com