Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Parallax Mapping" using NVIDIA FX Composer

This topic is 4946 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

quote:
Original post by PouyaCatnip
Uh, I didn''t think a GF4 was capable of parallax mapping. Unless you know of some crazy new hack for it?

It is possible as far as I know, either with less quality overall or done in 2 passes ( I think ). I know that some people have had success on the OpenGL.org forums with doing it on a GF4

don''t call it success. the perspective faults that arised made it fuck up that badly that you haven''t noted any 3d-effect at all, just irritating texture-shifting.

If that''s not the help you''re after then you''re going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

davepermen.net

quote:
Original post by davepermen
don't call it success. the perspective faults that arised made it fuck up that badly that you haven't noted any 3d-effect at all, just irritating texture-shifting.

Ok, I should have said some success

[edited by - RobertC on May 30, 2004 9:18:48 PM]

And don''t expect to be running full scene with parallax on GF4. I tried it and it brought my FPS form 50 down to single digit.

You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.

quote:
Original post by PouyaCatnip
Uh, I didn''t think a GF4 was capable of parallax mapping. Unless you know of some crazy new hack for it?

Believe it or not we''ve actually got it working on an X-box.