Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IoStream.h Help

This topic is 4947 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can someone send me Iosteam.h to Awesome@Programmer.net please. Since .net doesnt have it, but I require it. Thanks! I''ve searched google for a while, but could not find a site. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Current Standard C++ doesn''t have it. iostream.h is depreciated. I assume your trying to compile some example code. So here''s the difference

#include <iostream.h>

int main(){
cout << "Hello World"
return 0;
}

becomes

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main(){
cout << "Hello World"
return 0;
}

Notice that only the begining is different. So you should be able to just change the beggining and be all set.

using namespace std; Is sometimes considered
a bad practice. But I assume that your learning, so
it should be fine until start learning about namespaces
and compiling multiple files.

Hi MyCatIsTheBest,

quote:
Original post by MyCatIsTheBest
No, I''m pretty sure iostream.h exists.

Yes the file exist and its comes with my BC++ 4.02(4.5) compiler. [color=green] BC4\bin\include [/color]

if someone is using the "using namespace std" they must have an earlier version of the compiler. it you still need the file I will send it to you just ask.

quote:
Original post by oswald_s
Yes the file exist and its comes with my BC++ 4.02(4.5) compiler. [color=green] BC4\bin\include [/color]

if someone is using the "using namespace std" they must have an earlier version of the compiler. it you still need the file I will send it to you just ask.

If this is a joke, it''s not very funny.

Standard C++ has no <iostream.h>. The file you want is <iostream>, which places its contents in the std namespace -- ancient compilers and compilers that cater to people ignorant of the C++ standard notwithstanding.

Yeah, its iostream not iostream.h ... i know i know... i had the same problem, i took a summer course to get started on c++, and there i got a student edition of msvc++ which DID have iostream.h and when i finnaly bought my own version of it (so that i could be free of those crappy liscensing agreements) i was suprised to find that iostream.h did not exist... but thats jsut how it is...
-Dan

quote:
Original post by smart_idiot
quote:
Original post by Cocalus
iostream.h is depreciated
It can''t be depreciated, it would need to have once been a standard to get depreciated.
It isn''t deprecated in the sense that the C++ standard defines it, though it is deprecated in this sense.