• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GENTS

How to make a mini-map of the world

This topic is 5314 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi to everybody!!! I want to check the position of my character in my 3d world and to show its position on a minimap in a corner of the screen... I know its position and I can also find the relationship between position of the model and position on the map... Now... how can I generate this map?! Should I create a background image and then I've to draw other images on it?! Or I've to draw four lines to make map borders and then a small circle to show model position?! Has anybody a different idea or could give me a advice?! THANKS YOU ALL!!! ----------------------------------------------- - GENTS - "Every man dies, not every man really lives" [William Wallace] [edited by - GENTS on May 30, 2004 3:00:24 PM]

Advertisement
I would probably have one background for the edges and then draw each dot/icon thing using a sprite. I wouldnot try writing to a texture or other surface that could be slow.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!