Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to make a mini-map of the world

This topic is 4945 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi to everybody!!! I want to check the position of my character in my 3d world and to show its position on a minimap in a corner of the screen... I know its position and I can also find the relationship between position of the model and position on the map... Now... how can I generate this map?! Should I create a background image and then I've to draw other images on it?! Or I've to draw four lines to make map borders and then a small circle to show model position?! Has anybody a different idea or could give me a advice?! THANKS YOU ALL!!! ----------------------------------------------- - GENTS - "Every man dies, not every man really lives" [William Wallace] [edited by - GENTS on May 30, 2004 3:00:24 PM]

I would probably have one background for the edges and then draw each dot/icon thing using a sprite. I wouldnot try writing to a texture or other surface that could be slow.