quake3 level editor

Started by
2 comments, last by MeeZ 19 years, 10 months ago
G''day there peoples! Ihave a question about the quake 3 level editor (q3radiant). I have been using this lately to make up some levels for an upcoming game of mine. But i now have a problem with the textures. When you install the editor in the same directory as where you installed quake3 you hav eaccess to all the quake3 textures. Also you could preview a thumbnail of what the texture looks like, before you apply it to your next poly... This was working fine until someone fiddled with my settings or something and now i am stuck, because i don''t get the texture preview anymore. I can still access and apply the textures in the quake3 directory, but now i don''t know what they look like. When you try to load the textures it says that "Load Failed .(filename).. using default shader". How the hell do i fix that?! I tried going into the shaders section, but i still can''t get them to show up anymore. Can someone please help me out here! I don''t know how to fix this. Hopefully someone here has had the same problem once before or something. Thanks for any help you can offer. MeeZ
MeeZ
Advertisement

use discreets 3D Studio GMAX, a free, specialized version of 3DSMAX with less features, but for free; the standard export format of the delivered plugins is in the basic version Quake3 arena format.

DJSnow
---
this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature
DJSnow---this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature
Thanks DJSnow! I''ll definitely have a look into it. But you don''t happen to have an idea about what is going on with my q3radiant problem do ya?

Anyway, thanks again.

MeeZ
MeeZ
This is just a guess but have you checked that the path(s?) in "project settings" or something similar is ok?

[edited by - A_Borellus on June 3, 2004 1:45:53 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement