Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

specifying include paths

This topic is 4944 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m using Visual Studio .NET here. I have all my source in a /src/ directory. I want to have all my build output in a /bin/ directory. This makes it very nice to see what I need to see, which is not a lot at a time. And make it look professional, aesthetics-wise. But when making my project, I want to include files from these directories. Say this is my /PROJECT/ directory: ...Contents of /PROJECT/... Project.sln [used to be .dsw] /src/ /bin/ /docs/ And I want to #include something. How do I do this? Say I have two files in two folders src/engine/geometry/geometry.h and src/game/cworld.h CWorld needs to know about "geometry.h" for whatever reason. But this doesn''t work in cworld.h: #include "src/engine/geometry/geometry.h" nor does #include "/src/engine/geometry/geometry.h" nor does #include "../src/engine/geometry/geometry.h" The only I got to work is #include <src/engine/geometry/geometry.h> where I defined my browse directories to first search in the project directory, using the $(ProjectDir) macro. Is there a way to get around this? So I can drop the < and >''s? And no, my c++ books won''t clue me in. Thanks
"In so many ways we live to follow the sun" - Bad Religion