Game Architecture and Design

Started by
2 comments, last by FlamingBoi 19 years, 10 months ago
Ok, for those who have read the book Game Architecture and Design by andrew rollings and dave morris, is there alot of difference in content in the New Edition? My book store sells the new edition and i''m wondering if i should get the old one or the new one.. anyone can help? plz plz
Advertisement
Is there any reason NOT to get the new edition? Price?

Kami no Itte ga ore ni zettai naru!
神はサイコロを振らない!
er.. the problem is i haven''t read the first edition.. i''m not sure if i''ll be missing anything. Anyway the price is 100$ in my country .. so?.. its 49US
The only real difference is a stronger empashes on the structure of the design process. The rest of the content was left unchanged, but a few sections were added. Really, that it. It you have the old one, then stick with that. I''m sure that you can find another design book to read (if you''re anything like me). If you don''t already have the old one, then, as with most any technical book, get the newer one. Times change, and so do design techniques.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The only thing better than word-play is playing with words involving word-play. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement