D3DXMATRIXA16

Started by
4 comments, last by azjerei 19 years, 11 months ago
I am having problems with finding a dx8 substitute for D3DXMATRIXA16. I cannot change to dx9 for various reasons, so what can I use instead for creating a matrix?
Advertisement
d3dxmatrix?
You''re changing TO D3D9 FROM D3D8 or the otherway?

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong
- Google | Google for GameDev.net | GameDev.net''s DirectX FAQ. (not as cool as the Graphics and Theory FAQ)
D3DXMATRIXA16 exists in DirectX 8 too so you don''t need to change to DirectX 9 to use it!

Do note that if you''re using version 6 of Visual C++, you''ll need to install VC++ Service Pack 4 and The Processor Pack to get any real benefit from the aligned matrices (without those, the compiler doesn''t understand __declspec(align(x)) which D3DXMATRIXA16 uses). VC++ 7 (MSVC .NET) already have alignment and SSE/3DNow! support.

Simon O''Connor
Game Programmer &
Microsoft DirectX MVP

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

Simon, you''re so smart

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong
- Google | Google for GameDev.net | GameDev.net''s DirectX FAQ. (not as cool as the Graphics and Theory FAQ)
Hmm, I just did some digging through my archive of older SDKs, and I have to clarify what I wrote above:

D3DXMATRIXA16 was introduced in DirectX 8.1, so if you have the DirectX 8.0 SDK, you won''t have support for it.

A simple solution if this is the OP''s issue is to install the DirectX 8.1 SDK - any code which is written for DirectX 8.0 interfaces should compile just fine with DirectX 8.1.

Simon O''Connor
Game Programmer &
Microsoft DirectX MVP

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement