Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skeletal Animation Resources

This topic is 4945 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I''m now finished coding the model loading part of my engine, and would like to implement some sort of Skeletal Animation on my models. I''m aware i can''t just "plug it in", the models have to be created with SA in mind... What are the bext resources out there to start implementing SA? 3D modeling programs, file formats, etc....? I would like to start with someting really simple, like a simple pair of joints, and go from there... Salsa cooked it, your eyes eat it!
[Hugo Ferreira][Positronic Dreams][Colibri 3D Engine][Entropy HL2 MOD][My DevDiary]
[Yann L.][Enginuity] [Penny Arcade] [MSDN][VS RoadMap][Humus][BSPs][UGP][NeHe]
"our stupidity allways comes back to bite us in the ass... in a white-shark sort of way..." - Prozak

Cal3D might be a good resource to get some ideas about skeletal systems.

quote:

Cal3d is a skeletal based 3d character animation library written in C++ in a platform-/graphic API-independent way. Originally designed to be used in a 3d client for Worldforge, it evolved into a stand-alone product which can be used in many different kinds of projects. Check out the Cal3d FAQ for more detailed info.

-------
Andrew
PlaneShift - A MMORPG in development.