Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined

This topic is 4948 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, so I''m using MSVC++ .NET 2003, and I start a new project, I choose to do an Empty Project (.NET), because I thought that would just give me a completely empty project, nothing in it. So I write my entire program and I go to compile it, spend ten minutes getting rid of all the stupid errors, and then finally when I think it''s goint o work, guess what, I get that damn linker error. "Entry point must be defined." Well, My program has "int main()" as the entry point, I don''t know how else I can "define" it. Is there anything special I have to do to get this working? I''m pretty sure it''s because I made it an empty project, so it doesn''t know if it''s looking for WinMain or main or what. If anyone knows how to fix this, I''d be really glad. Thanks in advance.

Hmm, I just switched all the files over to another project before I read your post, but I''ll keep what you said in mind next time, thanks!