Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weird polygon flicking issue.

This topic is 4946 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I don''t consider myself a n00b, though I''m afraid this will end up being a n00b-like problem. For my game I''m trying to load and .obj file and display it, nothing complex, nothing I haven''t done before. But for some reason when I move the object, triangles blink in and out randomly, most don''t seem to be gone for more than one frame, but will remain in their state if the object is not moved. At time it looks like there is no depth buffer, though it is enabled. Everything I can do says that it should work, everything seems to be enabled properly, the object is loaded correctly, and the file is good. I''ve changed the way it is rendered many times, and anything else I can think of to make it work. I''m using SDL and Open GL on my Linux machine, though, my first try at programing with SDL and the first time with GL in Linux. Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Looking at the effect (and what I had the far/near planes set at), that would have been the last thing I would guessed. But it worked.

Thank you.