• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evolutional

MinGW Studio debugging

This topic is 5279 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone else have any really annoying problems using MinGW Studio and the built-in debugger? More specifically, breakpoints... The application seems to hit a breakpoint that isn''t there... causing me to have to hit F5 to run the app past the invisible breakpoint. Also, I''m having the stupidest problem - running my app from the Studio always seems to execute an old version of it. If I go to the build directory and run the exe from there, it''s fine - except I have no debugger. It''s really starting to annoy me. I am assuming that the problems are linked, that maybe the exe/debug info is cached somewhere but I can''t find anywhere obvious in my app dir or the MinGWStudio app dir (or sub-dirs). I''m using MinGWStudio v2.05 on WinXP Pro with a P4 2.8GHz processor. Is this a common problem?

Advertisement
I'd recomend forgetting about trying to use the MinGW studio debugger GUI. Just use gdb on the command line, it's the same debugger but it's just on the command line (it should be in the MinGW bin directory along with the compiler etc). It may take a bit of getting used too though.

[edited by - Monder on June 1, 2004 9:37:03 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!