3D object size render limitations?

Started by
8 comments, last by hellsinn0 19 years, 10 months ago
hi all. is there any kind of limitation in the size of a 3D that make me unable to see some of its meshes when rendering it??? I have a virtual room designed with 3ds max and I have problems to see some walls when rendering it....I have to use milimeters as the measure units...so probably the quantity is too big...who can give me any clue? thanksss
:P
Advertisement
Humm....
Depends on your clipping planes, lighting /etc. Maybe your model is too big to display it. Scale it down. (via glScalef)

Another Idea: If the Model is not centered, center it.

Is the camera pointing towards the model or points it to the nowhere?

If there are some vertices loaded make sure you have set the correct materials, etc. Try to render your scene in wireframe mode.

Are all indices interpreted correctly?

Just some suggestions.

HTH
Thomas
well, if i scale down the object by 10, i can see it completely....so I guess that render a whole room which size is in milimeters is kinda ''big''....so how can I render it in a ''wireframe mode''????!!!?????!?!?!?
Yeah. Maybe it is a little bit too big

Try:
glPolygonMode(GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL_LINE); //enable wireframe mode 

If you only want to see the wireframes without lighting or texturing, i recommend you to disable those states and set a nice color instead.

Regards,
Thomas
where in the whole process of rendering the 3D object do I have to insert that line? and do I have to add anything else or just with that one it will work?

thanks

[edited by - hellsinn0 on June 1, 2004 10:04:25 AM]
right before you are calling the list, VA, VBO, or whatever you use

or in gl initalization or somewhere. don''t forget to turn it off when you don''t need it anymore.

Thomas
quote:Original post by Thomas Obermaier
right before you are calling the list, VA, VBO, or whatever you use

or in gl initalization or somewhere. don''t forget to turn it off when you don''t need it anymore.

Thomas

ok I''ll try that THANKS!!
how do i disable it? I just can see lines all over the window!!
glPolygonMode(GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, GL_FILL);
FFS, learn to RTFM

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement