• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misterX

VB / C# global questions

This topic is 5285 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi guys! i''m a long time user of java and was wondering if some of its features also exist in VB and/or C#. I would be glad if you were able to answer them. 1. Is there an easy way to skin applications? To give them a custom look and feel? 2. Is there something like the javadoc to generate the docs from the code? 3. Is there something like ''java web start''? To download & run in one click and automatically update for newer versions if there are. 4. Can you mix classic components (buttons, lists, combo box...) with DDraw & D3D ? that''s it. ;-) cheers

Advertisement
I will answer the one that I know the answer to:2. Is there

quote:

something like the javadoc to generate the docs from the code?

Yes, very much so.

You can use documentation comments, which are in XML which are placed with three slashes /// before the method (or class etc) that they document.

VS.NET knows about these.

Unfortunately, the tool to generate the documentation in VS.NET sucks and blows at the same time! But all is not lost, there are several third party ones which do a much better job.

NDoc is a good one.

It makes MSDN look-alike web pages, and has many options. The VS.NET one is SO BAD, that when I started using C# (before it was finally released), I wrote my own tool. But NDoc is better.

Mark

quote:
Original post by misterX

4. Can you mix classic components (buttons, lists, combo box...) with DDraw & D3D ?

The DirectX 9 SDK (download here) has an example of mixing managed forms with DirectX applications.

Epolevne

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!