• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monkeyography

good library for sound input via mic

This topic is 5280 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m in the planning stage for a demo that uses the pitch and volume of a player yelling into their mic to control elements of gameplay. Anyone know of any libraries that can handle such things effectively with the least amount of effort? I want to make this demo as fast as I can. this game will rock *so hard*

Advertisement
Hmm, don''t mean to be cynical but I think you''re in just a bit over your head Real-time voice processing is not easy, even with a library to help. I don''t know of any voice recognition libraries available out there (and for free no less), but take a look at this for some background information. And some of the texts listed here.

I used JavaSound for my final year project which was a speech therapy tool.

Maybe try FMOD (not sure if it does sound input but it definitely does sound processing)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!