• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unliterate

more unresolved externals

This topic is 5278 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

SOUND.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall CWaveFile::Read(unsigned char *,unsigned long,unsigned long *)" (?Read@CWaveFile@@QAEJPAEKPAK@Z) SOUND.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall CWaveFile::ResetFile(void)" (?ResetFile@CWaveFile@@QAEJXZ) SOUND.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CWaveFile::~CWaveFile(void)" (??1CWaveFile@@QAE@XZ) SOUND.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: unsigned long __thiscall CWaveFile::GetSize(void)" (?GetSize@CWaveFile@@QAEKXZ) SOUND.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall CWaveFile::Open(char *,struct tWAVEFORMATEX *,unsigned long)" (?Open@CWaveFile@@QAEJPADPAUtWAVEFORMATEX@@K@Z) SOUND.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CWaveFile::CWaveFile(void)" (??0CWaveFile@@QAE@XZ) Debug/Unreal 2D.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals im trying to create a simple directsound ''engine'' and im using the dsutil.h for the CWaveFile type. does anyone know why im getting these errors or an alternative to that structure type that i can use to load wav''s (and/or others) into a secondary buffer?

Advertisement
cWaveFile is a DirectSound "sample class".
msdn says: "To use the sample framework, your project must link to Dxerr9.lib and Winmm.lib."

The class is implemented in (SDK root)\samples\C++\Common\Src\Dsutil.cpp.

hm, linking those files has no effect on the errors. is there an alternative i can use to load a sound file into a secondarybuffer

You should use files SoulSpectre mentioned (especially "Dsutil.cpp"). Check if your linker/compiler ''include'' and ''lib'' paths are set properly.

You also need to be careful. If you link to them but in the wrong "config" debug/release/whatever/all configs then possibly you just didn''t add them to the proper one.

Also make sure to set the Options to include the Lib directory where they are or else it doesn''t matter that you listed them, but they won''t find them.

also make sure that there is not an earlier version listed in the "search path" for libs etc that has one before your current(latest) version path.

almost 100% of the time its one of the things above I mentioned.
If you haven''t gotten it fixed I hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!