• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zoltron_Laser

Tic Tac Toe

This topic is 5261 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I need some help. I have to make a Tic Tac Toe game, and it has been a while since I last programmed. I''m used to programming at school, but I don''t have those resources now. So I was wondering, first of all, if anyone could point me to a good, free C++ compiler. I''m assuming I could write the program in Notepad or something, but maybe there is a better free product than that? The last resource I''ll need is a way to execute the program and actually play Tic Tac Toe. Once I get these things, I''m sure I''ll have some coding questions too, but those can wait, for now.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Forget C++, you''d be more productive with Python
www.python.org

or at least Java or C#.

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Forget C++, you''d be more productive with Python
www.python.org

or at least Java or C#.

C++ using STL is easier than Java.

I wrote Tic Tac Toe in Python 30 minutes after first seeing the language. Of course, I also had previous programming experience.

Python is a better language, I think, to start out with. C++ is rather archaic.

How comes that this has become a "my language is better than your language" thread so quickly? But since we''re here:

Whitespace is better than python. At least, it''s a consequent implementation of "non whitespace-agnostic". For quick hacks, use perl. I''m almost sure there''s a Tic Tac Toe package somewhere.

As for a good universal editor (not an IDE), you might like SciTE. You''ll need to install a separate compiler though.

lol
just... lol

:0!!!!!
rolling on the FLOOR LAUGHING
whitespace *snort*
is that a joke?

--------------------------------------------------------
Life would be so much easier if we could just get the source code.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!