Tic Tac Toe

Started by
18 comments, last by kango19 19 years, 10 months ago
Hi, I need some help. I have to make a Tic Tac Toe game, and it has been a while since I last programmed. I''m used to programming at school, but I don''t have those resources now. So I was wondering, first of all, if anyone could point me to a good, free C++ compiler. I''m assuming I could write the program in Notepad or something, but maybe there is a better free product than that? The last resource I''ll need is a way to execute the program and actually play Tic Tac Toe. Once I get these things, I''m sure I''ll have some coding questions too, but those can wait, for now.
Advertisement
Dev-C++
Borland

There are two good free c++ compilers

[edited by - novasheep on June 2, 2004 2:39:26 AM]
Forget C++, you''d be more productive with Python
www.python.org

or at least Java or C#.
MinGW Developer Studio is a wonderful IDE that imatates MS Visual Studio. You need the appropiate compiler though.

The GNU C Compiler
Minimalist GNU for Windows(compiler)

DevC++ Includes Mingw in case you use that.

[edited by - monkey_32606 on June 2, 2004 10:42:29 AM]
Quote:Michael TanczosCut that shit out. You shouldn't be spying on other people.. especially your parents. If your dad wanted to look at horses having sex with transexual eskimo midgets, that's his business and not yours.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Forget C++, you''d be more productive with Python
www.python.org

or at least Java or C#.

C++ using STL is easier than Java.

Not giving is not stealing.
I wrote Tic Tac Toe in Python 30 minutes after first seeing the language. Of course, I also had previous programming experience.

Python is a better language, I think, to start out with. C++ is rather archaic.
http://mpn.ath.cx -- my evolving homepage
How comes that this has become a "my language is better than your language" thread so quickly? But since we''re here:

Whitespace is better than python. At least, it''s a consequent implementation of "non whitespace-agnostic". For quick hacks, use perl. I''m almost sure there''s a Tic Tac Toe package somewhere.

As for a good universal editor (not an IDE), you might like SciTE. You''ll need to install a separate compiler though.
Thanks guys, but I need to write it in C++ or C, because that''s what it says.
Dev-C++ really rocks! Thanks again. :D

Does anybody have any tips when it comes to writing the AI?
lol
just... lol

:0!!!!!
rolling on the FLOOR LAUGHING
whitespace *snort*
is that a joke?

--------------------------------------------------------
Life would be so much easier if we could just get the source code.
--------------------------------------------------------Life would be so much easier if we could just get the source code.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement