• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rhian_newbee

Can some one teach me C++ Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!

This topic is 5221 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi i am a complete new guy have no knowligde at all some on please teach me the basics [edited by - Rhian_newbee on June 2, 2004 4:52:41 AM]

Advertisement
Try one of the following:

1. Teach yourself(tutorials, books, etc).
2. Go to college/university CS.

C++ can't be taught over a forum/internet( it'll be time consuming and you wont really gain anything ).. you don't know what you are asking.

[edited by - neobie on June 2, 2004 5:05:36 AM]

I''ve heard about''s got good free Turorial.

http://cplus.about.com/library/blcplustut.htm

I have read Eckel''s book and They helped me a lot, but I''m not sure if they''re a good first book.

Also if you''re completely new to programming c++ may not be the best first language. It''s fast and powerful, but it''s not easy to learn how to use it properly, at least when compared to some other languages.

I''d stay away from C++ if you''re a beginner (as Cocalus has said), check out Python. You''ll probably find it far easier to learn.

A nice book on C++ is "C++: How to program" by Dietel and Dietel... Also "Object Oriented Programming using C++" by Robet Lafore is good....

and I would encourage learning C++ as the first language ''coz once u get a grip on it, learning others'' is a breeze... It "IS" a bit difficult though...

quote:
Original post by Monder
I'd stay away from C++ if you're a beginner (as Cocalus has said), check out Python. You'll probably find it far easier to learn.

Dont let Red Drake hear that.

Some links for you to persue, if you are intersested.

You probably want to start at the top and work down.

The obligatory For Beginners link

Pygame, very neat, lets you use python for game development

Pyopengl, for 3d with you guessed it OpenGL

Game Tutorials(Tons of reletive stuff)

Cpp-Home (lots of example code)

Googled them

Great 2D tutorials

Flip-Code

MSDN

NEHE 3d opengl tutorials

gamedev.net articles

[edited by - monkey_32606 on June 2, 2004 10:49:11 AM]

"Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!" ? Why so in a hurry? You can''t learn anything in one day. You need patience.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!