Can some one teach me C++ Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Started by
15 comments, last by Rhian_newbee 19 years, 10 months ago
quote:
"I''d stay away from C++ if you''re a beginner (as Cocalus has said), check out Python. You''ll probably find it far easier to learn."

Dont let Red Drake hear that.

What have I done to make so bad reputation ???
It''s yust I dislike high level lanuges (I even find C/C++ too slow some thimes so use assembler & SIMD).
This coud be related to the traumatic expirience with Visual Basic (when I transferd to C++ I tought I got 60% speed up especialy in math)
Red Drake
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Red Drake
This coud be related to the traumatic expirience with Visual Basic (when I transferd to C++ I tought I got 60% speed up especialy in math)
Lol. True. It all depends on your skill in writing fast application, not the language.
I find the ONLY decent way is to learn it yourelf (that or take a course).
First u need a compiler for C++, so either shell out £300 on VC++. OR, get the free Dev-C++, which IMHO is very simmilar.

Then go to www.cprogramming.com and go thru the tutorials. Or get a book (up to u)

If u dont know how to do something post on these forums, and u shud get an answer quick enough.

When u feel confient move on to OpenGL, or DX.

------------

"Here lies a toppled God,
His fall was not a small one,
We but built his pedastle,
A narrow, and a tall one"
Frank Herbert (Dune:Messiah)
------------ "Here lies a toppled God,His fall was not a small one,We but built his pedastle,A narrow, and a tall one" Frank Herbert (Dune:Messiah)
Hey i want to know becuase a teacher of mine gave me a programmer and siad it would be good extention but it was visual c++ so i am TRYing to learn how to use it
quote:Original post by Rhian_newbee
Hey i want to know becuase a teacher of mine gave me a programmer and siad it would be good extention but it was visual c++ so i am TRYing to learn how to use it

Everyone here has posted copious resources for you to peruse and learn from. The measure of your success will come from your ability to learn and apply that knowledge with a higher degree of autonomy that you have already exhibited.
Well, R2D22U2..
Beginning C++ Game Programming. For beginners, no programming experience necessary. Teaches C++ and game programming at the same time. Be warned though, all games are text-based (but that's just where all beginning game programmers should start anyway).

[edited by - BcS on June 4, 2004 2:45:17 AM]
quote:Original post by Rhian_newbee

If you want somebody to spoonfeed you, nobody here will ever do that. You have school for that, and you have to pay for it. If you want it free, we will gladly point you where to start but you gotta do it yourself.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement