• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dave

How do i contain a DirectX window to an area on a form?

This topic is 5278 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to do this simple app which converts text into binary then sets individual pixels on a directx surface to black or white. What would i need to know/do to complete this? regards ace

Advertisement
You will need to learn to use DirectX in Normal (windowed) mode. You can use an imagebox control to hold your directX surfaces (or at least you can in VB). As you havnt explained what text would be converted into what binary or for what purpose, I cant really help with that.

There are two HWNDs involved in setting up windowed DirectX.

In the presentationparams, in hDeviceWindow use whatever static control (imagebox as suggested sounds good) you want to position and size the DirectX display area.

In the CreateDevice call the hWnd passed in is the top level hWnd, so, the handle of the form, or application window.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!