• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

re_nemesis

Best Programming Language

This topic is 5284 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What programming language/programes do you think its the most powerfull to create games?What do you think about commercial ones like 3d gamestudio and darkbasic for example?

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by re_nemesis
What programming language/programes do you think its the most powerfull to create games?What do you think about commercial ones like 3d gamestudio and darkbasic for example?

Language: Your choice.

Those products: darkBasic is the only one I would say is good outta any of them, it''s an actual language. The rest are just cheap ways to make a quick game.

C++ is better, C# is teh slow!
C# is better, C++ uses teh pointers!

Just a warning, you won''t get any responses that everyone agrees with.

Don''t write "most powerfull" becouse i am already starting to feal the need to make this in to war zone:
A : C++ rules
B : Java is the best
C : You are idots ......

darkbasic -- yes it''s quite good for learning 3D basics (matricecs, orientation in 3D ...) buth it''s inposiball to make a good game in it (somthing like UT 2004 )

As a personal fav. I prefer c++. Though i dont think c#(c sharp) is a bad language to learn. And both can be used for games.

You should first get a compiler and try some sample code out. Try to make a few simple applications and then decide.

-x m d

Everyone's wary of this question, but I hope no one minds if I say that if your needs are relatively simple and you have access to Visual Studio then C# is probably the best development tool going right now for low-impact games (tetris et al). The Managed DirectX SDK is much more manageable than the straight-up one for C++, and the ability to get a GUI up and running quickly is extremely gratifying.

ld

[edited by - liquiddark on June 2, 2004 5:32:55 PM]

This topic is 5284 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.