• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

graveyard filla

missing code from Focus on SDL

This topic is 5284 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

high, im trying to teach myself network programming via SDL net. I own the book by TANSTAAFL called "Focus on SDL". Anyway, in chapter 16 he talks about network componants to the wrapper hes making throughout the book. on the CD that came with the book, these 2 examples (the client and server, 16_2 and 16_1) are missing the a file or something, because i cant find the code to the example. the folder is filled with all the files of the framework, it has the executable, but i cant find the file which has the actual code for the example on it.. im hoping that he will read this and tell me where it is, or maybe where i can download it? thanks for your help...

Advertisement
i''ll look at home to see if i have it backed up somewhere, but i have the sneaking suspicion that if the code isn''t on the FOSDL CD, then the code isn''t anywhere(it was a couple computers ago when I wrote FOSDL)

thanks a lot.. i was really disapointed to not see the example on sending a simple hello message from a client to a server.. trying to teach myself SDL_net with your book and the docs and im having problems even with a simple "hello there" client/server program. hey, maybe you could take a look at the code and tell me whats wrong? (not many people seem to use SDL_net so its hard to find help with this stuff ) .
i dont want to cross post or make this more OT then it already is, so here is a link to my question in the network programming forum. the code snippet is really small
. thanks a lot for any help!!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!