{
		user_specified_format=false;
		SoundFormat=new WAVEFORMATEX;
		ZeroMemory(SoundFormat,sizeof(SoundFormat));
		SoundFormat->wFormatTag=(WORD)WAVE_FORMAT_PCM;
		SoundFormat->nChannels=2;
		SoundFormat->nSamplesPerSec=44100;
		SoundFormat->wBitsPerSample=16;
		SoundFormat->nBlockAlign=(WORD)SoundFormat->nChannels*SoundFormat->wBitsPerSample/8;
		SoundFormat->nAvgBytesPerSec=(DWORD)SoundFormat->nSamplesPerSec*SoundFormat->nBlockAlign;
	}

DSBUFFERDESC BufferDescrition;
	ZeroMemory(&BufferDescrition,sizeof(BufferDescrition));
	BufferDescrition.dwSize=sizeof(BufferDescrition);
	BufferDescrition.dwFlags=DSBCAPS_CTRLPAN|DSBCAPS_CTRLVOLUME|DSBCAPS_STATIC;
	BufferDescrition.dwReserved=0;
	BufferDescrition.guid3DAlgorithm=DS3DALG_NO_VIRTUALIZATION;
	BufferDescrition.lpwfxFormat=SoundFormat;

tester=Interface->CreateSoundBuffer(
		&BufferDescrition,
		&SecondaryBuffers[index],
		NULL
		);
and i copied the hex value of tester into the DirectX Error Lookup program and its telling me: HRESULT: 0x80070057 (2147942487) Name: E_INVALIDARG Description: An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function Severity code: Failed Facility Code: FACILITY_WIN32 (7) Error Code: 0x0057 (87) can anyone see an invalid paramter?, does the pointer to the buffer i send have to be NULL? (0x00000000). [edited by - unliterate on June 2, 2004 7:02:47 PM] [edited by - unliterate on June 2, 2004 7:03:36 PM]
Advertisement
i tried this to make sure there wasnt something wrong with my buffer pointer, and i still get the same error.

LPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFER temporary=NULL;	tester=Interface->CreateSoundBuffer(		&BufferDescrition,		&temporary,//SecondaryBuffers[index],		NULL		);
ok, i basically threw out most of the structure setup and used the CWaveFile class, i hadnt relised i could do this (the book im reading has totally diferent text, from actual code in its examples on a cd.)

[edited by - unliterate on June 2, 2004 8:48:56 PM]
yeah ended up wrapping up the listener, sound device, buffer, buffer3d classes and used the cwavefile

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement