• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dradcor

My fancy dancy new compiler, Vis Studio .NET

This topic is 5225 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay, so I bought this fancy dancy new compiler, Visual C++.NET and I''m running it on Windows XP. But all I want to be able to do is compile something and have it be able to run on Windows 98. Everything I compile is built to run on Windows XP by default, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to build so that it can run on 98. I feel as though I have lost my mind. I know there is a simple answer, but where can I find it? Please help. I feel so helpless.

Advertisement
Did you remember to turn off managed extensions? I do not have the IDE so I cannot tell you where exactly you need to go to do this. Look around Project Settings.

Thanks Salsa!Colin Jeanne | Invader''s Realm
"I forgot I had the Scroll Lock key until a few weeks ago when some asshole program used it. It even used it right" - Conner McCloud

Also, keep in mind that by default your applications are dynamically linked to the MSVC7 runtime, a set of DLLs that are not included with Windows 98. You can either set your project up to statically link to the libraries (making your executable significantly larger), or have people download the appropriate DLLs from Microsoft (as long as your project is built in Release mode, you can get the correct libraries free of charge).

"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!